Sunday, May 1, 2011

Double Dipper

Today, I bring you TWO lackluster outfits for the price of ONE! (You are paying me, right?)

Yesterday:

Bandanna: secondhand, vintage hand-me-down from mom
Cardigan: Old Navy, $10
Shirt: Gap, $3
Jeans: Old Navy, $20
Boots: Rocket Dog brand via Macy's, $35

And today:


(Quick side note: Total hair transformation between the two days. I look like I have a straight-up lion's mane right now.)

Jacket: Macy's, $15
Shirt: secondhand, free from clothing swap (and yes, it pays tribute to Bon Jovi)
Pants: Kohl's, $20
Shoes: secondhand, $12 from consignment shop

Like I said, these looks are nothing special, but I'm posting them anyway in honor of a style philosophy that I've held onto for a long time: I believe in dressing to feel good, whatever "good" means that day. Yesterday, feeling good meant getting dressed as quickly and weather-appropriately as possible so that Craig and I could go on our bagel date. Today, it meant recovering from killer menstrual cramps (which, by the by, threatened to make me collapse while I was showering this morning -- no exaggeration here). Do I look supafly? No. Do I mind? A little, I guess, now that I'm looking at the pictures. However, I succeeded in wearing actual clothes and in helping myself feel good, according to the needs of the day. Points to Team Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment