Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Today's Hits, Yesterday's Favorites

TWO outfits today! What a fun experiment. I got a passel of new readers yesterday, so I'm just riding that high and feeling like I can do whatever the heck I want. And today, what I want is to show what I wore today AND yesterday. I also want to dance.

Today:

(Told you I wanted to dance.)

Blue and white striped sweater: Heritage brand, $0.56 (thrifted at Junk In My Trunk in Spanish Fork, Utah)
Red ruffly tank: Forever 21 brand, $6 (secondhand at Uptown Cheapskate in SLC)
Necklace: made it myself
Leather belt: literally found it on the ground
Wide-leg jeans: Old Navy, $25 (on sale)
Brown heels: Nine West brand, $1 (secondhand at Provo yard sale)

This is me embracing my goofy side. My husband and I have been on a cleaning blitz over the last few days, and while I was organizing my closet (it looks great, by the way) and listening to Flight of the Conchords via iPod, I thought, "Hey, I'll set up the camera and take outfit pictures whilst I dance! It'll be quirky and adorable." These are the results; judge for yourself.

I'm kind of branching out from one of my personal style rules, which is to emphasize my long torso as much as possible. I almost never tuck tops into jeans, but it was the vibe I liked today.


Yesterday:

Green scarf: Van Heusen, $7 (with employee discount a few years ago)
Necklace: gift from my mom (pretty sure she made it, that crafty lady!)
Grey sweater-vest: made from an Old Navy sweater, which I bought for roughly $20
White sweater: Van Heusen, $12 (with employee discount a few years ago)
Pink pants: Necessary Objects brand, $0.56 (thrifted at Junk In My Trunk in Spanish Fork, Utah)
Brown loafers: Cole Haan brand, $2 (thrifted at a Salvation Army in Chicago)

These pink pants - oh, these pink pants. Aside from my very expensive (and totally worth it) Guess jeans, I think these pants may fit me better than any other pants I've ever owned, which is especially great considering that I didn't try them on before buying. They're also inordinately comfortable and fill my Kendi Everyday-inspired wish for pink/red pants to wear with boots. Huzzah.

No comments:

Post a Comment